Sunday 9 June 2013

Can I survive in a compact?

Yesterday I jumped on to the filofax website and came across the compact adelphi filofax, I looked at the price and almost fell over.

I have one sitting on my shelf that I paid 3 times less for it (win!)

I really love this planner, however when I purchased it I wasn't too sure what use it would have for me. up unitl now it has been used as a password, goals and random other things binder.

I got to thinking, I sometimes spend more time fluffing around 'planning' then actually doing. I am sure I am not alone in this.

Fed up with it, I decided to downsize back into my compact.

So what's in there now?

  • My weekly pages for the next two months
  • My university tab (which won't be needed after the next week because I am on holidays!)
  • My skincare tab
  • post it notes
  • a few spare sheets of paper to write notes on
That is it!

I thought of taking out everything that I use on a daily basis and pop it into the adelphi filofax, I am shocked at how much I have in my personal sized planner that I don't actually use.

Let's see how long this lasts before I swap back.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you will manage just fine once you get used to the thin-ness (is that a word?). I changed from an A5 down to a personal down to a Compact Violet and I haven't needed anything that I had left behind in the bigger ones. I even use my Violet as a wallet and key holder - works perfectly!
    My post is here
    http://thisbugslife.com/2013/06/04/update-re-temperley-compact-violet-filofax/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks for that.

      I am hoping it works in my favour. It is shocking how much you end up hording in your planner without using it.

      Loving the compact more and more. :)

      Delete